Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snacks

I am in need of some healthy snack ideas, does anyone have any besides fruit or veggies?

4 comments:

  1. I love the Special K with strawberries as a snack. I just measure out a serving size and put it in a baggie to snack on without milk. You get your crunch and your sweet. Pickle spears are also a favorite if your looking for something crunchy and salty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fiber One and Special K bars. They are small enough to just keep in your purse when you are out and need a snack. The Special K Crackers are also really good and come in lots of flavors. My favorite healthy popcorn to snack on is the Jolly Time Healthy Pop 94% fat-free. I have tried lots of the reduced fat popcorn and this is the best one. The Diamond Smokey Almonds are really good, just make sure to portion them out so you don't eat too many at a time.

    If you have sweet snack craving there are Weight Watchers treats that you can find at most stores, I know that Wal-Mart carries them. Just watch for a sale though because they can sometimes be pricey. The Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches are good for a sweet summer snack (or anytime if it's not too cold for you). Or you can always do the Fat-Free Sugar-Free Pudding or Jello with some Fat-Free Whipped Cream.

    Haha, can you tell that I am a snacky person? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it's me again, if you need a way to liven up those veggies I have a great recipe for hummus.

    1 12oz. drained can of garbanzo beans (chick peas)
    1 tsp Olive Oil
    1 lrg. garlic clove
    Chilled vegetable broth
    lemon juice to taste

    In a blender puree garbanzo beans, oil, garlic and desire amount of vegetable broth. Add the lemon juice to taste.

    (a fun twist is to throw in some sun dried tomatoes for an extra boost of flavor!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Bethany! I will have to try the hummus for sure!

    ReplyDelete